Annual Conference Agenda
Friday, March 15, 2013
Adanti Student Center - SCSU Campus - 345 Fitch Street, New Haven, CT
8:00 am - 9:00 am - Registration, Coffee, Bookstore & Exhibits Open
9:00 am - 11:45 am - Conference Breakout Sessions "A"
(click on link for a more detailed description of workshop and biographical information for presenter)
A5 - Social Thinking®
11:45 am - 1:15 pm - Lunch. Student center Food Court or CONN Hall (on Campus, $7.85 cash only)
Bookstore and Exhibits open
1:15 pm - 4:00 pm - Conference Breakout Sessions "P"
P5 - Using PBS in the Community Setting
Day ONE concludes at 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Lyman Center for Performing Arts, SCSU Campus, 501 Crescent Street, New Haven
- 8:00 - 8:45 - Registration, Coffee, Bookstore & Exhibits Open
- 8:45 - 9:15 - Welcome & Opening Remarks, Awards
- 9:15 - 10:30 - Brenda Smith Myles, Ph.D. - Keynote Presentation Bridging Communities Across the Spectrum
Dr. Myles incorporates her wealth of wisdom in providing a tangible approach to the challenges of comprehensive transition development, from earliest pre-school foundations through adult life and career tracks. Attendees will learn:
1) Concepts and best-practice in providing core foundations for transitions from pre-K through adult
2) Building inclusive teams that work; tools, resources and appropriate practical application.
3) Utilizing transition strategies that produce individualized, effective plans for life.
10:30 - 12:00 - Concurrent Breakout Session Especially for ASD Adults ages 18+
"Backstage with Jesse Saperstein"
- 10:30 - 10:45 - Morning Break
- 10:45 - 12:15 - Brenda Smith Myles - Presentation Continues
- 12:15 - 1:15 - Lunch (on your own); CONN Hall (on campus, $7.85 cash only)
- 1:30 - 2:45 - Jesse Saperstein - Keynote Presentation - The Other Side of Surviving Transitions: Perspectives from our "Speaker from the Spectrum"
An engaging look at the personal triumphs and misadventures through Jesse's insightful perspective on social skills, transitions, relationships and life as an adult with an autism spectrum disorder.
- 2:45 - 3:00 - Afternoon Break
- 3:00 - 4:00 - Q & A with Brenda and Jesse
Conference Concludes at 4:00 pm - Certificates of Attendance are issued by SCSU can be picked up ONLY at the conclusion of the conference in accordance with procedures and standards. These Certificates of Attendance are honored by most professional associations for continuing education credits. Please check with your professional association if you have specific questions regarding their suitability.