Autism Orientation Workshop – Educational Professionals
In this one-session overview teachers, related service personnel and administrators will learn about:
- characteristics and behaviors associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- educational, medical and therapeutic intervention options
- teaching, social and behavioral strategies
- developing interventions and family support services in our communities
- parent perspectives on living with autism
This workshop is designed specifically for educational professionals including teachers, para professionals, administrators and related service personnel. It provides pertinent information for staff development, including best practices and practical teaching strategies. Information presented can be tailored to audience/age ranges as requested. The workshop can be provided as an in-service training module or presented to a larger audience interested in learning more about autism. This interactive workshop includes significant time for Q & A and brainstorming issues in current settings. CEU’s are available.
This workshop is also appropriate for child-care providers, associations, early childhood educators, before and after school program staff, and for educating related service personnel including specials teachers (gym, music, art), bus drivers, cafeteria workers and other school personnel.
Call us at 888.453.4975 or email email@example.com to learn more or to schedule this workshop.